King County Hiring Event
Be a part of King County Parks! King County Parks’ mission is to steward, enhance and acquire parks to inspire healthy communities, and with 28,000 acres of open space, 175 miles of regional trails and 200 parks, King County Parks offers close-to-home recreational experiences for everyone.
King County Parks Seasonal workers perform a wide variety of work such as landscaping, athletic field maintenance, trail building and maintenance, construction and demolition, invasive weed removal, restoration and planting, working with volunteer groups, etc. We seek candidates who love the outdoors and who want who make a difference in the community and help us steward our public lands for all citizens to enjoy.
Recruiting & Interview Event for King County DNRP Seasonal Jobs (April-Oct)
WHEN: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Session 1 @ 9:00am
Session 2 @ 1:00pm
WHERE: Renton Community Center, 1715 Maple Valley Highway, Renton, WA
Interview on-site with King County DNRP staff!
If you’re interested in attending event, YOU MUST REGISTER FOR ONE OF THESE SESSIONS @ www.kcdnrpjobs.eventbrite.com
Recruiting & Interviewing for Many Seasonal Job Openings (April-Oct) located throughout King County:
• Seasonal Park Maintenance Jobs – $21.54/hr (locations in multiple East King County and South King County parks)
• Wastewater Treatment Division Seasonal Grounds Helper Jobs – $21.03/hr (locations in Woodinville, Seattle/Magnolia, and Renton)
Some requirements for positions include but not limited to:
• At least 18 years old
• Valid Driver’s License
• See job description, locations, and requirements on the job posting @ https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/jobs/2338389/seasonal-park-maintenance-workers
• King County Parks
• King County Wastewater Treatment Division
• WorkSource Seattle-King County
• Communities of Opportunity
Reconnect to Opportunity + King County Library
ReOpp will be coming to a library near you!
We are excited to announce that we will be partnering with KCLS to have Reconnect to Opportunity table at local libraries. Come down and talk to us if you or someone you know is interested in alternative education opportunities. We want to talk to anyone who has:
• Dropped out of school
• Behind in credits
• Looking for part time or full time work
• Interested in college
• Interested in apprenticeships
We will be at the Burien and Tukwila libraries on a bi-weekly basis starting the first week of March. Come down and chat with ReOpp or just say hi!
Catch ReOpp in Community Court!
Community Courts are alternative problem-solving courts which differs from traditional court in that it seeks to identify and address the underlying challenges of court participants that may contribute to further criminal activity. Its goal is to build stronger and safer neighborhoods and reduce recidivism.
ReOpp will be at both the Redmond and Burien Community Courts so come say hi!
Burien Community Court
• Hours: Mondays, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Location: Burien Community Center – 14700 6th Ave SW
• Judge: King County District Court Judge Laurel Gibson
Redmond Community Court:
• Hours: Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
• Location: Redmond Library – 15990 NE 85th St
• Judge: King County District Court Judge Lisa Paglisotti
ReOpp at YouthForce Teen Employment Conference!
The Teen Employment Conference (TEC) is an event put on by YouthForce, the Youth Career Development Program of the Boys & Girls Clubs of King County. They are dedicated to leveling the professional playing field for youth with limited access to college and career readiness resources.
TEC is about providing unique learning and career building opportunities for teens. Throughout the day, youth have the chance to attend career workshops hosted by local Seattle companies, practice their interview skills, and enjoy a complimentary lunch and prizes!
When: May 4th 11:am – 3:00pm
Where: Smilow Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club
4520 MLK Jr. Way S. Seattle, WA, 98109
This event is an opportunity to invest in yourself by meeting new people, exploring new career paths and challenging what you know about the professionalism of today. Take charge of your future! You can also connect with a Peer Connector from ReOpp at the event!