Reconnect to Opportunity (ReOpp) gathers personal information when it is relevant and necessary, fair and to the extent possible with the knowledge and consent of the individual, to accomplish county business. We only obtain this information through legal means.
When ReOpp collects personal information from you, we:
- Tell you why we are collecting this personal information.
- Limit the amount of your personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to use your personal information to the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to ensure that, at the time of collection, your personal information is accurate, complete and current.
- Provide your personal information only to authorized employees and private contractors or public organizations on a need-to-know basis and as a result of a public disclosure request as required by the Public Records Act.
Do not sell or make your personal information available to others without your consent except when:
- Legally required or permitted by law; or Needed to complete your transaction with the county.
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary to conduct county business in accordance with records retention schedules.
- Dispose of personal information in a secure manner that prevents unauthorized disclosure.
- Take organizational, technological, and physical measures to securely safeguard personal information.
Information specific to the Internet
Should you choose not to provide personal information to ReOpp on a website, you may provide this information to us in another way, such as visiting a county office during normal business hours or, for some county services, completing your business by mail or telephone.ReOpp’s website has links to other websites, including other government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and education institutes. When you link to one of these external websites, you are no longer on ReOpp’s website and this privacy notice no longer applies. Instead, you are subject to the privacy notice or other terms and conditions of that website.